Whether it’s Valentine’s Day, an anniversary dinner, or just a night in with a special someone, we’ve got the perfect picks to make a romantic evening the right amount of “cheesy” with plenty of decadent bites, gourmet cheese board spreads, and recipes that are guaranteed to set the mood. So grab the Champagne, light some candles, and dive into our favorite selections for a memorable(and delicious!) date at home.
- Brie and Creamy Cheeses: Rich, decadent, and sweet selections are the name of the game for a night of romance. For something that’s mellow and made for pairing with jams, honey, and crackers, we love a classic like Murray’s French Double Creme Brie. And for something that leans more towards notes of fresh cream, try Four Fat Fowl St. Stephen, a little round of bliss that’s guaranteed to please any palate.
- Flower Coated Cheeses: If you’re looking for something a little more bold and eye-catching, try a cheese with a bright, flower coated rind like Alp Blossom. Flower and herb-crusted selections tend to have bigger flavor and an herbaceous essence, which is ideal for complementing a more mild, creamy cheese. Alp Blossom has a stunning floral rind and a firm paste that blends notes of broth and sweet onion.
Collections & Boards
- The Red Wine Lover’s Collection: Even if you’re not planning on opening a bottle of red, this classic spread has all the luxe bites you’ll want for a night in. Featuring snackable cheeses and crackers, the collection also includes chocolate covered nuts, sweet quince membrillo, and olives to craft a perfect platter that can be mixed and matched depending on what you’re drinking.
- The Date Night Cheese Board: The name says it all! This original board was made for romantic evenings for two. Piled high with our favorite cheeses and bright accompaniments, it’s the ultimate inspiration for building a spread that suits your flavor preferences–try adding some fresh fruit for a touch of homemade luxury.
- Creminelli Tartufo Salami: When it comes to deluxe charcuterie, this truffle-studded salami takes first place. Rich and succulent, it has an essence of earthy luxury that makes it stand out on a cheese board and bring a touch of five-star excellence to any date night platter. The best part? The black truffle flavor doesn’t overwhelm the meat’s delicate, savory profile, making it a salami you can snack on all night long.
- Trufflin’ Black Truffle Honey: Top off your cheese board with something eye-catching! Honey is a must-have for a traditional cheese board featuring brie-like favorites, and we can’t get enough of this outrageously decadent black truffle honey that boasts a delicate shaving of real truffle inside, infusing the honey with a silky umami profile that balances its floral sweetness.
- Chocolate Bars: Keep things simple by skipping an elaborate dessert and going for an artisanal chocolate bar. Whether you’re a fan of dark or milk, we’ve got a number of options for your gourmet snacking needs. Explore single origin bars from South America with Cru Chocolate, or bring some unique flavor to your plate with Cloudforest’s line of original chocolates that feature bold additions like pop rocks and bee pollen. And if you’re looking for simple, classic decadence, France’s famous Pralus is known for thick and elegant chocolate bars that are filled with mouthwatering nougat.
- Sweet Bites: Add some sweetness to your cheese board with bites and accompaniments that provide a mouthful of rich chocolate. In lieu of traditional crackers, we love Rustic Bakery Chocolate Cacao Nib Shortbread as a cookie-type base for creamy cheeses, and in place of salted nuts, we reach for Quicos de Chocolate–Spanish chocolate-covered corn nuts–to add some bright flavor to a date night spread.
Want more cheesy inspo for a romantic evening at home? Check out our Valentine’s Day page with seasonal selections and classic bites.