What an honor it was to get our brand new cheese, Murray’s Cavemaster Annelies, approved by the New York Times‘ Florence Fabricant!
Food Network Staffers Turn To Murray’s for Thanksgiving Host Gifts
Murray’s Cheese goodies are among Food Network staffers’ list of go-to gifts for your Thanksgiving host.
Grub Street Writes About Annelies!
Annelies is the latest addition to our Cavemaster Reserve line of cheeses exclusive to Murray’s. It’s so unique and delicious that Grub Street did a write-up about its launch!
The Make Our Melt Finalists!
How has your grilled cheese month been? As the gooey goodness keeps coming, the thought of this blessed month ending brings tears to my eyes. With one more week to go, it’s time to
announce the three finalists in the “Make Our Melt” contest! We had some great entries, and choosing was not easy. Our process was thorough, and the three finalists have been selected!
The Guido– Cheddar and Pancetta, sounds pretty good right? Supper melty cheddar with an intense porky-ness. But it gets better… Slathered with tomato pesto and basil aioli, this guy brings grilled cheese to a new level. Thanks, Allyson Taylor!
Give me a Beet– All that I can say is WOW. I had my doubts, but this sandwich really brings it. Mozzarella and Capri (a very fresh goat cheese) topped with Arugula and beets. I can’t think of a better way to welcome spring. Great job, Kristen Suzon Butler!
The Hammy Grammy– Cheddar and apples are a classic, but thrown in a grilled cheese, it’s a whole new level of goodness. It sounds simple, but the grassy, earthy flavors of Bandaged cheddar really come alive when melted. Good luck, Keith Roberts
Now that we have our finalist we need your help picking a winner. Through Saturday, all three sandwiches will be featured as specials on our melts menu for $6.99. On Sunday from 3PM-4PM we will be sampling all three melts in store, and collecting votes. You can also vote on facebook here. On Monday we will announce the winner, who will win a $50 gift card, and a spot on the menu. Good luck finalists!
We Love It: Goat Cheese 10 Ways
Goat cheese is known for its bright, fresh, and lemony flavors. During the winter I stick to stronger washed rind and Alpine style cheese, but as spring approaches I start to crave the more delicate flavors. While some goats milk cheeses might be more minerally, and others more pungent, they all pair perfectly with spring. Here are 10 of our favorite things that you can do with goat cheese:
- Sweeten it up: Spread VBC Chevre on baguette and top with some honey for a sweet treat.
- Crumble on top: Sprinkle Westfield Capri over roasted beets & top with a little coarse salt.
- In a quiche: Add a lightly aged goat cheese like Crottin to your next quiche for a touch of earthiness.
- In an omelet: Try shredded Garrotxa, spinach and some salty Jamon Serrano.
- Paired with bubbly: Sparkling wine goes great with a French goat cheese like Selles-Sur-Cher or Valencay.
- On a pizza: Top with herbed fresh goat cheese, your choice of veggies and sundried tomatoes
- With greens: Add flavor to an earthy Kale salad with salty Capra Sarda and some sweet dried cherries.
- In sauces: Make your favorite pasta primavera recipe and add fresh goat cheese like Petit Billy to the sauce for a creamy texture.
- Top off your soup: tangy Chevre Noir is perfect for finishing spring soups
- Au naturel: There’s a goat cheese for everyone, whether you love fresh flavors, feta, gouda, something peppery, blues, stinky cheese or something unusual. Try them all!