CINCINNATI, September 3, 2014 â€“ The Kroger Company announced today that 13 Kroger associates and 4 Murray’s Cheese associates have been named Certified Cheese Professionalsâ„¢ by the American Cheese Society.
These Kroger associates have joined the ranks of an elite group of individuals who have passed the Certified Cheese Professionalâ„¢ Exam. The exam was created by the American Cheese Society to promote the large and comprehensive world of cheeses and encourage food industry professionals to master the knowledge. Before taking the exam in Sacramento this summer, the associates participated in a rigorous 3-month training course led by Amanda Parker, Director of Kroger Programs at Murray’s Cheese. Parker has also been tapped to co-chair the American Cheese Society’s annual conference in 2015.
â€œThis is only the third year of this certification program, but it is already bringing the cheese profession to a whole new level,â€ said Rob Kaufelt, owner and President of Murray’s Cheese. â€œAfter studying everything from milk chemistry to aging techniques to pairing and serving cheeses, these mongers are now even better equipped to educate and delight our customers.â€
â€œWe are proud of our associates for working so hard to earn this important recognition, which reflects their commitment to gourmet cheese craft,â€ said Margaret McClure, Kroger’s vice president of deli/bakery. â€œKroger’s unique partnership with Murray’s Cheese continues to inspire our associates to share their passion for cheese with our customers every day.â€
Through an exclusive partnership with New York City’s Murray’s Cheese, the Kroger family of stores features more than 140 Murray’s counters in stores from coast-to-coast. Featuring more than 175 cheeses and specialty goods from all over the world, the Murray’s counters are staffed by associates who have been trained by the Murray’s experts in New York. For a list of Murray’s in Kroger locations, please visit www.murrayscheese.com/locations.
For more information about ACS CCPsâ„¢, please visit www.cheesesociety.org.
- Alicia Ball â€“ Seattle, WA QFC
- Walshe Birney â€“ New York City Murray’s Cheese
- Adam Burstein â€“ Scottsdale, AZ Fry’s
- Iris Busjahn â€“ Seattle, WA QFC
- Elizabeth Chubbuck â€“ New York City Murray’s Cheese
- James Danforth â€“ Denver, CO King Soopers
- Jill Davis â€“ Atlanta, GA Kroger
- Jeff Johnson â€“ Denver, CO King Soopers
- Sue Kargl â€“ Louisville, KY Kroger
- Lauren Lafontaine â€“ Denver, CO King Soopers
- Tess McNamara â€“ New York City Murray’s Cheese
- Beth Peterson â€“ Portland, OR Fred Meyer
- Jessica Reichert â€“ Denver, CO King Soopers
- Laurel Ross â€“ Seattle, WA Fred Meyer
- James Stahl â€“ New York City Murray’s Cheese
- Shannon Strom – Seattle, WA Fred Meyer
- Kate True â€“ Cincinnati, OH Kroger