We want to help you celebrate the New Year in style! As 2017 looms ahead, this 70s classic is making a comeback. From its humble beginnings as a bar snack in Wisconsin taverns, 2016 was proclaimed to be Year of the Cheese Balls. We have a feeling, however, that you didn’t get your fill of this cheesy wonder. That’s why we propose the following: celebrate the dawn of 2017 by not only watching the ball drop, but feasting on one as well. While cheese balls can run the gamut, from sweet to tangy blue to Southwestern inspired, we chose a classic 70s inspired recipe: Nutty, sharp, and with a hint of spice, this cheese ball will wow, whatever your New Years plans may be.
- 8 oz Ben’s Cream Cheese
- 4 oz Murray’s Aged English Cheddar, grated
- 1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. Blis Gourmet Hot Pepper Sauce (available in Murray’s stores)
- 1/2 green bell pepper, minced
- 3 scallions, minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c Murray’s Pecan Halves, chopped (available in Murray’s stores)
- Z Crackers Sea Salt & Olive Oil
- In a medium bowl, combine Cream Cheese and grated English Cheddar.
- Mix in lemon juice, garlic powder, hot pepper sauce, green bell pepper, scallions and salt until well combined.
- Form mixture into a ball and refrigerate for 30 min.
- Roll chilled ball in chopped pecans.
- Optional to refrigerate after, prior to serving.
Serve with Sea Salt & Olive Oil Z Crackers.